AT A GLANCE
Where Leadership is LearnedMarine Military Academy was founded on the belief that the United States Marine Corps' concepts of leadership and discipline could be successfully applied to a college preparatory education.
We administer positive guidance and instruction in a safe, structured environment removed from distractions that fosters the growth of mind, body and spirit and, ultimately, inspires transformation.
Throughout a cadet’s journey here, he gains a solid academic foundation, earns the tools to find his own path and learns to take ownership of his future.
Marine Military Academy Overview
- Since 1965, rooted in the traditions and values of the U.S. Marine Corps
- Ideally located in sunny South Texas, next to the region’s largest airport
- The 142-acre gated campus includes a swimming pool, 3 gyms, 4 athletic fields, 4 tennis courts, a 40-acre LEAD complex, and a marksmanship center
- A diverse and international student body
- More than 55 academic courses and 20 sports and activities
- Offering exceptional flight training program
- Small class sizes with a student-teacher ratio of 12:1
- Offering honors classes and college credit classes (dual credit and advanced placement)
- College Placement Office provides personalized guidance and resources for college
- A Naval Honor School for its exemplary Marine Corps Junior ROTC program
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Home to the historic, original full-sized Iwo Jima Monument
Marine Military Academy
320 Iwo Jima Blvd.
Harlingen, TX, 78550
Grades Offered: 7-12, with an optional postgraduate year
School Focus: College prep school
School Type: All boys
Percent International: 30%
Percent Boarding: 100%
Classroom Dress Code: Uniform
College Acceptance Rate: 97% to 100%